Your library card opens a window into a world of knowledge, information and entertainment. It’s easy to sign up and it’s free!
Signing up for your own Library card allows you to:
- Borrow books, DVDs, e-books, magazines, CDs, and more
- Reserve items from our collection or one of our 13 partner libraries
- Obtain items from other Ohio libraries through Inter-library Loan
- Use public computers to access the Internet, write a resume, play games, and more
- Renew library items by phone (1-877-772-6657) or online
- Access Online Research Tools on Library computers or from home
Get a Library Card
Library cards are free for Ohio residents. All you need is identification with a photograph that includes your name and current address. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must show identification. Alternately, kids ages 5-17 can get a Kids Card without their parents being present. With a Kids Card, you can check out up to three books, but can’t check out movies or music or use the Internet.
You will need your library card to borrow materials, renew items, or pay fines. If you lose your card, report it immediately. Remember, you are financially responsible for any materials checked out on your card prior to it being reported lost or stolen. You can replace a lost or damaged card for $1.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to visit the library at this time, you can get a library card online to access our digital resources by applying here.
Choose a PIN
When you sign up for a library card, you will be asked to create a personal identification number (PIN) for your account. You will need your PIN to access your library account online, to place holds and renew items, to use public computers, and to use the automated phone renewal.