Your library card opens a window into a world of knowledge, information and entertainment. It’s easy to sign up and it’s free!
Signing up for your own Library card allows you to:
- Borrow books, DVDs, e-books, magazines, CDs, and more
- Reserve items from our collection or one of our 13 partner libraries
- Obtain items from other Ohio libraries through Inter-library Loan
- Use public computers to access the Internet, write a resume, play games, and more
- Renew library items by phone (1-877-772-6657) or online
- Access Online Research Tools on Library computers or from home
Get a Library Card
Library cards are free for Ohio residents. All you need is identification with a photograph that includes your name and current address. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must show identification. Alternately, kids ages 5-17 can get a Kids Card without their parents being present. With a Kids Card, you can check out up to three books, but can’t check out movies or music or use the public computers.
You will need your library card to borrow materials, renew items, or pay fees. If you lose your card, report it immediately. Remember, you are financially responsible for any materials checked out on your card prior to it being reported lost or stolen. You can replace a lost or damaged card for $1.
You can also sign up for a library card online using a valid email address. We’ll email you your library card number within 48 hours, which you can use to access our digital services. Your physical card will be mailed to you, but you won’t be able to use it to borrow physical materials until you come to one of our locations to update it.
By applying for a library card, you agree to:
- Take responsibility for all materials borrowed on this library account.
- Follow the rules of the library.
- Pay any fees for damages charged to you.
- Give prompt notice of any change of residence or email address.