Department: Building Services
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Pay and Benefits: $20.67 per hour. Paid holidays, earned sick leave, vacation, personal leave, and OPERS. Group health, dental, and vision insurance plans are available.
Immediate Supervisor: Building Services Manager
Position: Bargaining Unit
To work as part of a team to provide the highest quality of public library service. In particular, by: maintaining, cleaning and securing library facilities and grounds including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building repairs; performing planned preventative maintenance, monitoring heating, ventilation, air conditioning and temperature controls; maintaining inventory control of custodial and maintenance supplies; overseeing work of outside contractors; troubleshooting equipment and vehicle problems; preparing meeting room space for public and staff use; and assisting with directing workflow and assignments within the department.
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum three years of experience in building trades or maintenance.
OSHA 10 safety training or equivalent safety training.
General skill requirements:
- To work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- To be dependable and punctual.
- To be enthusiastic, flexible and energetic.
- To possess good organizational skills.
- To possess basic keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- To work harmoniously with the public and with other staff members.
- To maintain composure in stressful work situations and frequent interruptions.
- To make sound judgments sufficient to organize work, set priorities, and work independently.
- To follow both written and verbal directions and pay attention to detail.
- To demonstrate leadership ability.
- To possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license and be insurable.
- To possess a good safety and security record.
- To be able to pass an alcohol and/or controlled substance screening.
- To read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently.
Specific job requirements:
- To understand and endorse the FCDL’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in planning and directing the day-to-day activities of the Building Services staff.
- To maintain the operation of the department in the absence of the supervisor.
- To possess a general knowledge of plumbing, construction and electrical principles.
- To perform regular maintenance and critical repairs to facilities and equipment, including carpentry, plumbing, painting, light electrical work, and general building repairs.
- To oversee the regular maintenance of Library vehicles.
- To oversee and inspect the work performed by outside contractors.
- To be familiar with current technologies as they relate to building maintenance and control, including but not limited to HVAC technology, security systems, fire alarm systems, and ticketing systems.
- To be available via telephone in case of an emergency.
- To monitor and maintain heating, ventilation, air conditioning and temperature controls for all facilities.
- To perform planned preventative maintenance for all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment along with other building systems and components.
- To possess the ability to use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- To possess knowledge of chemical safety protocol, Safety Data Sheets, and building safety regulations.
- To maintain inventory control of custodial and maintenance supplies.
- To maintain the library telephone and telecommunications systems.
- To prepare reports and records and submit in a timely and thorough manner.
- To operate cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- To pass blood borne pathogen testing and complete a hazardous spill training program.
- To stand and walk for extended periods of time; to lift and move up to 50 lbs.; to team lift anything over 50 Ibs.; to push heavily loaded carts of materials weighing up to 300 lbs.; ability to climb ladders, and possess physical agility and strength to bend and reach and engage in similar strenuous activities on a routine basis.
- To perform a variety of custodial duties such as, but not limited to: sweeping; vacuuming; carpet cleaning; painting; dusting and waxing furniture and shelves; washing windows; trash removal; cleaning and disinfecting restrooms; installation and removal of light bulbs; and rearrangement of library furnishings and equipment.
- To perform a variety of grounds-keeping duties such as, but not limited to: removing debris from parking lots, lawns and other landscaped areas; snow removal and salting of sidewalks and steps; and trimming bushes, weeding landscaped areas and mowing grass.
- To set up and take down tables and chairs in public meeting room areas.
- To prepare, load and deliver supplies and other materials to FCDL locations as needed, including operating large delivery vehicles.
- To be able to perform other similar tasks as assigned.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com; mailed to Fairfield County District Library, c/o Leslie Yost, 219 N. Broad Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130; or dropped off in the Administration Office Monday through Friday between 10 am and 4 pm.