Day care theme kits are available here at the library on topics such as adoption, feelings, dinosaurs, pets, and more. Each kit contains 10-12 preselected items related to a particular theme appropriate for use with preschool-aged children.
Included in each kit are books, rhymes, songs, and other activities along with information on early childhood literacy. Anyone who uses a kit is encouraged to share their own great ideas by adding rhymes, songs, crafts, or other age-appropriate ideas to the activity folder included in the kit. Be sure to check the folder for ideas related to the theme!
Using the Day Care Theme Kits
- Kits are housed at the Early Literacy Center at the Northwest Branch but may be placed on hold to pick up or return at any of our locations.
- All items in the kit must be checked out and returned together.
- Kits are due back in 21 days.
- A kit may be renewed up to five times, if there is no other hold request on the kit. Library materials may be renewed in person, by phone or online.
- Overdue fines are assessed on each item in the kit at the rate of 10 cents per day.
- You can check out up to two kits at one time.
- Kits must be returned inside the library, not in a book drop.
- If an item from the kit is lost or damaged, the cardholder will be charged for the cost of the item plus a nonrefundable processing fee.